Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My poor little piggies!

Tomorrow night I'm going out to a fondue restaurant for a MNO. Moms' Night Out, for those of you not in the know. The restaurant is having a Sex and the City night, and you can win a prize for the sexiest shoes! Now, if this were for me back in the day, I might have had a shot. But now, being in NC for almost three years, it hits me, I have not had a pedicure since I lived in NY! WHAT!?! Who am I? I also haven't had a manicure, but that's less of a surprise, considering I normally would have been doing my nails by myself. Now, as a mother of a two-year-old I don't foresee polishing my nails without having to run and do something for her or with her immediately afterwards, so why waste the polish? Or the time polishing them?

But my feet! My poor little toes! What makes it even sadder is that I wear flip-flops like 99.9% of the time. That's horrific. I often took the 'Summer Pledge' when it came to shoes. I would never wear open-toed shoes out in the world if my toes weren't polished and my feet weren't neatly pedicured. And yet, here in my home, I walk around barefoot or in flip-flops ALL DAY LONG! It's probably bad for my feet (I know this from a history of foot pain, sadly.) It's probably horrible for someone else to look at (so don't look down, alright?) But here I am, my little piggies out for the whole world to see.

Some time ago I did call a few places about prices for pedicures. They charge over $40 for a simple pedicure. Where the hell am I living? In a place where nail polish costs 50-bucks-a-bottle? Uhm, no. So why is it so pricey? If only I knew. But it is enough to keep me from going to get one.

I did buy the Pedi-Egg (what am I, 90?) recently, but it's not all it's cracked up to be, in my opinion. Hee hee. Cracked up, did you get it?

Anyway, I hope that before the summer hits I'll get these toes taken care of. A nice, pretty, light pink. So when it chips I won't feel horrific and revert back to the days when I HAD to have decently polished toes at all times. And in the meantime, when you see me, just don't look down, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like air to a writer.

So please - say something - help me BREATHE!