Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's that time of year again!

I'm addicted. I admit it. 100% addicted to iced chai lattes.

What can I say? I don't drink coffee, so I have to have something (yes, I still enjoy sweet tea, but it's just not the same in comparison!) Something to get me through the days, ya know?


In fact, proudly, I started making it at home again. By no means do I mean from scratch. I mean, please, I'm budget-conscious, but I'm only human! So I use the powdered mix and find a balance of the ingredients in it and Viola! Enjoy!


And what is too funny is that this morning I had my measly sips of my homemade version, splashed in A LOT of vanilla soy milk, and hubby ran an errand, came back because he forgot something, and I turn around, and on our island in the kitchen. Glorious Day!!! A Starbucks iced chai latte! A VENTI!!!


I blame a friend from college [not while we were IN college, I'm not addicted for that long,] for telling me about this. She may not even remember that she did, since I was anti-hot-chai from Starbucks. Ah, well. What she started. A complete addiction. I guess you could say my husband is an enabler, but he knows when I need it, and today I certainly do. We have loads of cleaning ahead of us. Oh joy, oh woah is me, oh cr@p.


It's a weekend thing, which is why I'm happy to have my own version for during the week. Between the powdered mix, water and a lot of ice, a splash or two of soy milk and I'm good to go!


So, if you're looking for a nice drink to represent summer for you, try one. I use Pacific Chai when I make them at home, but you can get them almost anywhere. But be informed, they're all a bit different. Panera makes one that's a bit sweeter, Caribou Coffee makes a spicier one, or maybe that's the other way around ... Dunkin' Donuts doesn't make one at all (hmph!) but will ice their hot Vanilla Chai for you if you ask, although it's not quite the same. I guess they stick to what they know (amazing iced coffees, but I've been off those for YEARS.)


Anyway, whatever you choose, enjoy! And have a sip or two for me, cause man, some days I really need it. And it's more of a relaxation/caffeine/time-out-for-mommy moment than anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like air to a writer.

So please - say something - help me BREATHE!