Thursday, October 27, 2011

Writer's Workshop: What Have I Done?


I didn't get to play last week, but I will eventually follow up with a What Have I Not Yet Done kind of post, but I decided to partake in this week's prompt #1:

Last week we wrote about what we have never done…this week write a list of 22 things you HAVE done. I'm linking up with Mama Kat and her weekly writer's workshop today with my list:


I've been parasailing.


I've taken a boat ride on the Rhine.
I've been held up at gunpoint.

I've been to the top of the World Trade Center.


I've been to the Cliffs of Moher and stood as close to the edge as was possibly permitted.

I've made my dad pull his car over to the side of the parkway so I could throw up. (Fabulous, no?)

I pledged a sorority. (Those two totally go together, if you haven't guessed.)

I've worn the same clothes to work two days in a row.

I dated some co-workers in my time, and ultimately married one.

I've seen Barry Manilow in concert - - MORE than once!

I've danced on top of a bar.

I've kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year's Eve.

I've smoked cigars.

I've donated my hair (many times).

I've tried skiing - - ONCE.

I've sledded down snowy hills on cafeteria trays.

I've been to the rain forest in Puerto Rico.

I've been on an airplane when people were smoking ON it -- as in IN flight!

I've been to the tree lighting in Rockerfeller Center in NYC.

I've had only one major surgery, my C-Section.

I've had my ears pierced 6 times.

I've eaten alligator.

And there you have it. 22 things I HAVE done.

Hope you enjoy and feel like you now know me better
.
And if you're up to the challenge of sharing yours, be sure to link up with Mama Kat if you do.

12 comments:

  1. Okay, I LOVE your list!! What does alligator taste like? Please don't say chicken.

    I have always wanted to see the lighting of the Christmas Tree in Rockerfeller Center!!

    I love that you have donated your hair.

    I have seen Barry once. LOVE him!!

    I need to find a bar to dance one. STAT.

    SO fun. I can't wait to read your Have Nots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it should be mandatory if you have eaten something off the wall like aligator that you put a little side note as to what it really tastes like!

    I am too afraid of heights to do most of the things you've done that has anything to do with heights!

    Did you have cowboy boots on when you danced on that bar? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You? Are magical!

    And aligator? Really??

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same prompt this week. It was way harder than the "I nevers"... I mean I've done plenty, but how to pick the right ones...

    We have a couple in common... shocking, I know.

    Did you know that I never made it to the top of the World Trade Center? Stood at the bottom more than once and have done the Empire State Building, but not the WTC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh. I'm shocked that we didn't have more in common. I've only done 4 of those things. :)

    Might have to make my own list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were held up at gun point?!!!
    Omg!
    I'm glad you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list. I've always been interested in alligator but to chicken. Yet I've tried rattlesnack. Ya I know don't make any sense. :) Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alligator?

    Hmm, don't think I could do that.

    That is a great list.

    Scary about the robbery. And the Cliffs are amazing, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list. Held up at gunpoint. You must tell the story. How scary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree that there has to be a story to that "held up at gunpoint" thing. That's awful. The boatride on the Rhine I am sooo jealous over. You've got a great list. I've done the rainforest in Puerto Rico too. It makes me wonder about a list of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Late to the party.... but I've seen Barry Manilowmultiple times, been held at gunpoint :-(, been parasailing, pledged a sorority, danced on top of a bar (those last two went together), smoked cigars, sled downhill on cafeteria trays, donated my hair, been to the tree lighting ceremony... we are definitely soul sisters!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like air to a writer.

So please - say something - help me BREATHE!